This was a fun one I played around with and this is what I came up with! It is so good for you and the flavours are spectacular! The sauce drizzled on top really gives it that extra punch! I'd say there will be left overs.... but it won't last!
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots Shredded
- 3 Medium Celery Stalks Finely Sliced
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 6 Cups of Spinach
- 1 (14-ounce can) Lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce can) Pinto or Black Beans
- 2 Cups of Brown or Wild Rice
- 1/2 Cup of Basil Leaves Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Old Cheddar
- 2 Eggs Beaten (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- I - 2 Large Tomato Sliced then halved
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Green Onions Chopped (scallions)
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Handfull Of Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 F
Combine all ingredients for the sauce into a blender or food processor and pulse until "chunky". Set aside.
In a skillet add a drizzle of Olive Oil and add the Onion, Carrot, Celery and sauté for 3 - 5 minutes until soft. Then set aside. In the same skillet add the spinach for about 3 minutes until it wilts, then cool, squeeze out the excess water, chop and add to the Veggie mixture.
Add the Lentils, Pinto Beans, Rice, Corn, Basil, Eggs, Salt, Pepper, 1/2 the Cheddar and 1 Cup of Sauce to the mixture. Then pack into a 9x13 glass bake dish and place the sliced tomatoes on top and then the remaining Cheddar.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, let cool for 10 and serve with the remaining sauce.
Serves 6 - 8 :)
This Veggie Lasagna is a nutrient dense comfort food that EVERYONE will LOVE!